Target Return Policy Full Guide 2022
Target return policy is easy to understand: you have 90 days from the date you bought an item to return it. But sometimes it can be a little harder to return something. For example, what if you lost or stole your receipt? Or what if you don’t need everything you ordered? You might have to wait a few months before taking them back to Target.
In this post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about Target return policy and how it works so that if something goes wrong with your order, it won’t stop you from getting it fixed!
Returning an Item to Target? Read This
If you’re returning an item to Target, read this.
Target has a 90-day return policy for all in-store purchases. However, it only applies to items purchased at the store where you want to make the return. If you bought something online and want to return it at a physical location, keep reading—we’ll talk about that below!
What Is Target return policy?
Target’s return policy allows customers to return items with a receipt within 90 days of purchase. The store will either provide you with a full refund, or an exchange for the difference if applicable. If the item is defective, you can get a refund immediately without having to wait 90 days; however, if the reason for your return is simply that you don’t like it anymore or want something better, then you’ll have to wait 90 days before making an exchange.
All Target stores have gift cards available at all times so that if you’re unsatisfied with your purchase, they can issue one immediately—that’s why it’s always smart to hold off on buying any big-ticket items until after Black Friday arrives!
2. Does Target Have a One-Year Return Guarantee?
Target Owned Brands, which are items sold under its 48 private labels, offers a one-year return guarantee. Within one year of the item’s purchase date, you’ll be able to get a full refund with your receipt.
As of this writing, two Target stores near me still offer a one-year guarantee.
The one-year guarantee also covers gift, baby, and wedding registries. Are you unsure if your item meets the criteria?
3. Is it possible to return an item to Target without a receipt?
You need to meet some conditions if you want to return an item to Target without a receipt.
These three criteria must be met in order for Target to accept a return without a receipt:
- You would have its barcode or shipping confirmation email if it was purchased online.
- The item is within the return window.
- You can use a credit card, debit card, RedCard, or Target gift card (bring the gift card).
4. Is there a Target store near me where I can return my item?
You can return an item to any Target store, but the item must be returned to the original store where you purchased it.
Returns can be made using the receipt, the barcode found inside the Target app, or the shipping confirmation email if you purchase the item online.
5. Does Target’s 90-Day Return Policy Apply to All Its Items?
Target does not have a universal 90-day return policy. Instead, it varies by the type of item you’re returning and where you bought it.
The return window for some items, especially electronics, is much shorter. The return and exchange dates for some popular Target items are listed below.
- Electronics: 30 Days
- Entertainment for 30 Days
- Apple Products in 15 Days
- Mobile Phones: 14 Days
According to Target’s website, some items are not returnable but can only be exchanged. Among them are:
- Music, movies, video games, and software were opened
- Airbeds that have been opened
- Collectibles such as sports cards, action figures, and diecast cars that are open or defective
6. What items cannot be returned to Target?
- No returns on electronics, movies, music, and video games
- No returns on items that have been opened, used, or worn
- No returns on gift cards
- No returns on items that have been used or worn
- Items that have been damaged or altered cannot be returned
That’s all you need to know about Target’s return policy.